Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Dead Orchestra - Global Lobotomy


Dead Orchestra from Kansas here, with their debut album from 1991 'Global Lobotomy'. Musically it's an intense mix of death & thrash (perhaps leaning more to the death side than thrash), which although packed with meaty riffage and interesting sections, never really seems to get the blood pumping. Out of print, but fairly easy to pick up cheaply for those who need their fix of early 90s death thrash (like myself!). An original press on Colossal Records.

1 comment:

  1. i bought me this beauty also today. also colossal label..

    ReplyDelete