Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Anaal Nathrakh - Total Fucking Necro / The Codex Necro / When Fire Rains Down From the Sky, Mankind Will Reap as It Has Sown


These are some old pressings of the early Anaal Nathrakh releases on Rage of Achilles, Mordgrimm and Mordgrimm (in that order). Fine, bile throwing vitriol is right here - sheer intensity and rage encapsulated in plastic. "Total Fucking Necro" is the bands early demo compilation, "The Codex Necro" is the bands debut full length, and "When Fire.." is the bands early EP. The "When Fire.." EP features Mayhem's Attila on vocals, and it's fucking awesome. Their debut album shows the alternative (or mis-printed according to some) disc, which shows the image of the Pioneer Plaque over the disc design.

2 comments:

  1. I have the original Total Fucking Necro disc as issued by the band directly on CD-R, LEV005... from way back in my CD review days lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool man! I used to own that too (again, from my reviewing days), but I ended up trading it once I'd bought the above compilation years ago. I've found most of my CD-rs are pretty fucked these days, even though they've been stored in optimum conditions. Worst affected is my Woods of Ypres demo, plays only 1 time in 10 attempts on any system it's tried on - pain in the ass.

      Delete