Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Appalling Spawn - Freedom, Hope & Fury


Appalling Spawn are the band who later went on to become Lykathea Aflame, so understandably have similarities in sound (though, I'd say this is slightly 'heavier' in some ways, an even perhaps more riff-oriented than Lykathea Aflame). This is the release on the Infernal label, who were a tiny Chilean label if memory serves correctly. Great death metal again, and another title that should be on your want lists if you don't already own it (there was a 2011 discography CD that was released if you struggle finding the first press).

3 comments:

  1. Where the fucking fuck did you find this? Wasn't it limited to 500?! Holy hell, I dread to think how much you must've paid for half this stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vast majority of my stuff is bought at a decent price, I'm not a fan of paying eBay prices so don't do it very often. You'll be amazed what you can find with time, patience and the right knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you managed to pay less than $100, it's a pretty impressive find. I really love your blog.

    ReplyDelete