Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Mortuary - Blackened Images


Mexico's Mortuary here, with their debut album from 1991 (though this isn't the first Avanzada Metalica press, but rather the 1992 press on JL America). I'd say these guys are more of a Death metal band, though they do have very noticeable Thrash influences throughout. Mexico had (and still have) some really fine death metal, and this was a shining example of the earlier days of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment