Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Negura Bunget - Vîrstele Pămîntului 'Earth Box'


This is the earth box version of Romanians Negura Bungets Vîrstele Pămîntului album, and still to this day I'm amazed it managed to get through customs with a huge scoop of soil and fauna sitting in it(!). Yes, this was released by code666 Records in a special limited edition - handmade wooden box (with 'burned' artwork), roped and filled with the very earth of the place it comes from, as well as a poster, a pin badge and a sticker. I can't quite remember, but I think it was *meant* to be limited to 555 copies, but due to production issues at the time, I'm not even sure that many were made (I remember having to wait a long time for it to be shipped to me due to everything being put together by hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment