Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Various Artists - Projections of a Stained Mind



I don't often post up many V/A albums (in fact I think I've only posted up a couple previously to now). However, this comp from 1991 has such importance on the burgeoning Scandinavian extreme metal scene that it just had to go up here. This is the white covered version (there is also a black covered version with the same content), and it features bands that went on to great renown (Entombed, Mayhem, Therion, Dismember, Tiamat etc), as well as bands who never ventured much further from the cult/demo stage (House of Usher, Nirvana 2002, Traumatic etc). All in all, a hugely influential album which helped to pass the then obscure music around the world in one lovely CD, released on CBR (Chickenbrain Records).

No comments:

Post a Comment