Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

The Berzerker - The Reawakening


The Berzerker were never a band that spring to mind when listing a ton of my favourite bands, but they certainly had something about them I liked. This was the bands final release after their acrimonious split from Earache Records, entirely self financed and released by the band themselves under their own Berzerker Industries label. Funny thing is, I'd probably say the shackles of Earache being off allowed them to create their finest work - just a shame not many got to hear it as it had such limited distribution (well, discounting downloads, of course). Fine grinding death metal with those crazy gabba drums and sick industrial vibe all added together to create a measured album of intensity and power. Worth a look for those willing to expand outside the usual realms of death/grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment