Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Asphyxia - Exit: Reality


Here we have a thrash rarity in every sense of the word (a few months back, I saw this go for the best part of £150 on eBay - madness). Belgian thrashers Asphyxia were one of the very first bands to feature Christian Olde Wolbers in their ranks (later of Fear Factory fame), thought he didn't appear on this, their one and only full length studio album. I actually love this album, with its crunchy aggressive tone there isn't a lot to dislike. Great riffs, awesome tracks - it's all good in my book. If you can find a copy that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, pick it up without a second thought. An original pressing on Rumble Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment