Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Detritus - Perpetual Defiance


UK thrashers Detritus here, with their debut album from 1990. Along with the likes of Seventh Angel (also featured earlier on this very site), these guys had the whole Christian lyrical thing going on, but thankfully it isn't too preachy. I find the cover art quite amusing though, with the fiery sword making all the goblins and ghouls cower - the power of christ compels you! Haha. Anyhow, the music is pretty decent so I'd say they're definitely worth a look. An original CD pressing on Under One Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment