Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

R.I.P Jeff Hanneman (1964-2013)

To one of my all-time favourite riff writers, R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of Slayer. A huge loss for metal - let's face it, this guy wrote the majority of Slayers GOOD stuff. Without his influence on my musical tastes I probably wouldn't have started this website. Further info available here.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed. R.I.P... Creator of Awesome Riffings..

    This man will be lost. And to me, With him. Slayer Died also..

    Rai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been clinging onto the hope that he'd be back in the Slayer fold to contribute to the new album they were writing. The prospect of a Kerry King written album does not excite me at all.

      Delete
  2. same here. All the great things came from Hanneman..

    Rai

    ReplyDelete