Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Neolithic - For Destroy the Lament


This is the 1996 debut album from Poles Neolithic, a band who not only featured Orion (the bassist of Behemoth/Vesania) on their 2nd album, but one who also went on to form the equally unknown band Black River with the majority of their members after splitting. These guys were OK, nothing too special. They started out as a doom band, before bringing more gothic and progressive elements into their sound. I'd been told this was well worth looking into, but as I'm not so much into gothy/vampy styled metal, I don't officially love it. Still, it only cost me a couple of pounds so it's no biggie. This is out of print and is an original pressing on Adipocere Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment