Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Holy Moses - The New Machine of Liechtenstein


Coming a couple of years after their highly regarded 'Finished with the Dogs', the 1989 third album from German thrashers Holy Moses didn't quite make the same impact. However, it's certainly no slouch - it's still packed full of churning thrashy riffs and dynamism - all the things I loved from their previous albums. I actually enjoy it a lot, but it shares more in common with their debut in comparison to the raw smash in the face of 'Finished with the Dogs'. Original pressing on WEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment