Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Drephjard - Sorgsvart


The 2006 EP from young Norwegian black metal crew Drephjard here, again on Northern Silence, and in it's original hand numbered original pressing (limited to 100 copies). This features yet more excellent Norwegian black metal, painfully stubborn in its stern orthodoxy, and unrelentingly furious and waspish; just the way it's played best in my opinion. I'm surprised these guys aren't mentioned more often, but I guess the glut of blackness that flows so inexorably from Norway can only allow praise to be spread so far. Good shit anyway, check them out below.


No comments:

Post a Comment