Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

CD Collection on Instagram

As this site has been neglected by yours truly to the point of pretty much being dead these days, I thought it wouldn't harm to update to those who still visit (or stumble across these pages from google searches - as that is where the majority of the hits seem to come from these days).

I decided to start a separate sub-account on Instagram in an attempt to catalogue my entire CD collection. It's pretty much what I used to do here, minus the micro reviews - mostly to make sure that everything is catalogued correctly in Discogs. I'm amazed to find myself currently running through the C section, which has surprised me as tasks like this I usually start out with all the enthusiasm in the world, only for it to fade into nothingness a small percentage of the way in once I realise the logistics and lack of interest from anyone other than myself. Anyhow, you can find the CD only account linked below if of interest: -

https://www.instagram.com/metalhunter_IG/


Also, if you weren't already aware, my main Instagram account is pretty much a continuation of what I started here all those years ago - just with a little more audience participation. The CD collection one is taking up the majority of my time at present, but my main account will remain. Again, linked below:

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/


No comments:

Post a Comment