Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Detest - Dorval





















Weird, futuristic and obscure Danish Death metal, original 1994 pressing on Progress Red/Nuclear Blast.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it is the fisrt press ? On the side of my copy it is just written
    P R L DETEST "DORVAL" CD7913010
    And there is no mention of Nuclear Blast or SPV neither on the back where it's written Progress Red Labels are released by Campus Press ans recording industries Aktieselsk LTD. There is no Nuclear Black on the back or on the CD itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not 100% convinced it's a 'first' press - but then, I never said it was the first press. It is an original 1994 Nuclear Blast/Progress Red pressing, however.

    ReplyDelete