Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Pyogenesis - Pyogenesis (Ignis Creatio)


Pyogenesis started out ticking all the right boxes for people who're into their morbid, deathly doom metal. However, they soon lost the plot and change their style massively, opting to play anything from alt rock to pop punk throughout their years of existence. This was the band's crowning masterpiece from 1992, their EP Ignis Creatio (which actually pre-dates their debut album). Worth checking out, but I wouldn't venture much further into the band's discography unless you're some sort of sadist. Original pressing on Osmose Records.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta see if I can find this. Huge fan of Death/Doom acts like Winter and Sempiternal Deathreign etc. If this band is anything like those, I'll fucking love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say this is more along the lines of early Paradise Lost or Anathema in terms of doom death - definitely do check it out though, well worth tracking down

      Delete