Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Desultory - Into Eternity





















The debut album of this great Swedish death metal act. They kinda went downhill after this release, but this is worth looking into for sure. Produced by (surprise!) Tomas Skogsberg, no less. This is an original pressing on Metal Blade.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to disagree somewhat that they went downhill. This album progressed a bit from the first (which in my opinion is an overlooked masterpiece) they really just slowed the pace a bit but kept melodic and memorable. Into Eternity might remain in my top 5 melodic death metal albums but Bitterness is very solid. I'm looking to find a cd copy myself.

    ReplyDelete