Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

R.I.P. - Source of Steel


Dear followers of the Source of Steel, it is time I give a fitting end to this collector's blog.

These days, I neither have the time or interest to continue (as the sporadic posts over the last year or so probably prove), so time to finally lay it to rest. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, but pending some otherworldly and unforeseen turnaround in my outlook - it's time to draw the website to a close.

Source of Steel started as a way of pulling together a group of like-minded folk who are interested in heavy metal, and physical releases - to an extent it worked. I've spoken to people from all over the world and have even met up with some in the real world. Although it never became anything more than an underground site who people would stumble across from time to time, it was a labour of love - it still makes me laugh to see how many eBay listings have 'borrowed' my pics for selling their goods too!

All the old titles will stay live for as long as I can afford to pay for the domain, so it will stand as an archive indefinitely. Hope you've enjoyed it. Signing off fittingly with my 666th (and final) post...
 
Sincerely
Daemonlord
Source of Steel - R.I.P. 2010-2015

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job here, because your blog is awesome... and so is your collection. Thanks for sharing all those gems

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great blog, sad to know this is the end, but thanks for sharing so many albums, was great discover new underground bands on this blog, you did a really good work all these years here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grande...hai tutta la mia ammirazione....sono anch'io un fans di questi nomi,molti dei dischi che hai pubblicato li possiedo anch'io. ..altri li continuo a cercare dopo trent'anni. ....quanta nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete