Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Source of Steel LIVES!!

That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die...



OK, for those who are still clinging on or have happened to stumble across my site - I'm back. Older, fuglier and generally full of the same joys as before. :)

I'll cut right to the chase. Source of Steel 2010-2015 was always a site of rarities, the obscure or hard to find. Moving forward, as I'm still buying and listening to metal, I've the itch to share just what I've been buying, whether rare & covered in dust, 2nd hand, discovered in a crypt under Euronymous' armpit, or brand new straight off the shelves mainstream and generally hated by misanthropes. Fuck, you know what? I may even share something I've discovered on Spotify and think you guys might like (though probably not, tbh - physical still rules).

My old scanner has long since died, so the style of each pic is likely to vary, but the heart & vibe of the site and my usual 'rainbows and unicorns' outlook will remain as ever (as will the shitty formatting and dodgy style sheets - far too much hassle to go changing now - hahaha)

So, prepare your anus' (anuses?) for the metal, because here it shall flow once again - and I promise to try to update more regularly than my last few years of activity.

Daemonlord / Source of Steel 2.0 - 2016-?

2 comments:

  1. Just to see the rare items you'd posted before I came back and see you came back, totally awesome, great news and ready to see some new stuff

    ReplyDelete