Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire


This is one album I left far too late before checking out, even though I'd heard good things about it through reliable sources. I wanted to check it out, but was waiting for the right price - found it cheap, so decided to give it a whirl. Talk about a return to form! I loved early Godflesh (Streetcleaner, and their self titled EP in particular), but got a little jaded with their later albums before their original split. This, the 'reformation' album absolutely rocked me back on my heels. Killer, primal, crushing and coldly clinical, Justin Broadrick and co have combined all the elements that made thousands fall in love with their sound in the first place, and connected them together here for an absolute stone monolith of an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment