Welcome to Source of Steel - The Heavy Metal Museum. For the metal head who likes to own or collect physical CDs, Source of Steel is my website dedicated to the love of physical metal on shiny plastic discs. Micro-reviews, thoughts, pics of my own collection and random utterances galore. The site started out purely as a way of sharing my rarities to like-minded fans, but now (for longevity's sake more than anything) it is open to new physical metal music bits I've picked up, including new releases and other random shit.

Sepultura - Kairos


Sepultura are a divisive band, and have been for a good while now. Some will ignore any release post-'Arise', many will ignore any release post-Max Cavelera, and various degrees of turn offs in between. Myself, I kept following the band through their 'groove/nu' phase, but lost interest along with many others. I'd occasionally dip in to see what they were up to these days, and this purchase was another one of those  occurances (via a £3 2nd hand shop pick up). I was pleasantly surprised with this, actually sounding a lot better than the bad memories of 'Nation' and 'Roorback' which I was left with previously. They will never re-visit their death/thrash days, but this stuff is actually fairly palatable in my opinion - nothing to be blown away with or life changing, but certainly worth the £3. This is the deluxe edition with comes with a bonus DVD of the making of the album (which admittedly, I've no intention of watching haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment